Schwab Brokerage Account
Open a Schwab International Account and start investing in U.S. markets on your terms.
US$0Online equity trade commissions¹
US$0No service fees³
Online tools and research
1. The standard online US$0 commission does not apply to large block transactions requiring special handling, restricted stock transactions, trades placed directly on a foreign exchange, futures, or fixed income investments. Options trades will be subject to the standard US$.65 per-contract fee. Service charges apply for trades placed through a broker (US$25). Exchange process, ADR, foreign transaction fees for trades placed on the US OTC market, and Stock Borrow fees still apply. A minimum deposit of US$25,000 is required to open Schwab International account. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors for full fee and commission schedules.
2. Schwab Satisfaction Guarantee: If you are not completely satisfied for any reason, at your request Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab"), Charles Schwab Bank ("Schwab Bank"), or another Schwab affiliate, as applicable, will refund any eligible fee related to your concern within the timeframes described below. Two kinds of "Fees" are eligible for this guarantee: (1) Program Fees" for the Schwab Private Client ("SPC"), Schwab Managed Portfolios ("SMP"), Schwab Intelligent Portfolios Premium ("SIP Premium"), and Managed Account Connection ("Connection") investment advisory services sponsored by Schwab (together, the "Participating Services"); and (2) commissions and fees listed in the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors ("Account Fees") or the Charles Schwab Bank Pricing Guide. Program Fee refund requests must be received no later than the next calendar quarter after the Fee was charged. Account Fee refund requests must be received within one year of the date that the Fee was charged.
For more information about Program Fees, please see the disclosure brochure for the Participating Service, made available at enrollment or any time at your request. The Connection service includes only accounts managed by investment advisors affiliated with Schwab: Charles Schwab Investment Advisory, Inc. and Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc. The guarantee does not cover Program Fees for accounts managed by investment advisors who are not affiliated with Schwab or managed by Schwab‐affiliated advisors outside of the SPC, SMP, SIP Premium and Connection services.
The guarantee is only available to current clients. Refunds will only be applied to the account charged and will be credited within approximately four weeks of a valid request. No other charges or expenses, and no market losses will be refunded. Other restrictions may apply. Schwab reserves the right to change or terminate the guarantee at any time.
3. There are no fees to open or maintain your account. Other account fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors ("the Guide") and any amendments to the Guide for comprehensive details on fees.
Manage and access your money with ease.
Convenient cash access and management
Access and manage cash in your brokerage account with check writing up to your available account balance, and a Visa® debit card.
No ATM fees anywhere⁴
Use your Schwab Visa® debit card at any ATM in the world, and we will refund the fees.
Use international wire transfer or Schwab's Foreign Currency Wire Transfer Service, with competitive exchange rates, no transaction fees, and deposits in a variety of currencies.
Disclaimer: A US$25 service fee will be charged for outgoing wire transfers. Learn more.
Get your statements how and when you want
View your monthly account statement online or receive in the mail.
Leverage our investments, advice and workshops to grow your U.S. portfolio.
Broad investment choice
Take advantage of a diverse selection of U.S. dollar-denominated stocks, options, and bonds. At some of the lowest pricing in the industry.
Explore our investment products.
Get one-on-one help creating a personalized investment plan to meet your U.S. investing goals.
See how to get dedicated financial advice.
U.S. investing education
Hone your U.S. investing skills or learn a new one with our workshops and webinars.
View our workshops and webinars.
Commissions and fees that reflect our commitment to keeping costs low.
Open an account with a minimum US$25,000 deposit and pay US$0 online equity commissions5, regardless of your account balance, or the size of your trade.
Specialized trading platforms and support, too.
When you open an account, you get access to our robust trading tools and resources for better U.S. investing.
Powerful trading platforms
Use our web, software, and mobile platforms designed for trading.
Tap into premium research from Schwab and third-party experts to help make more informed investment decisions.
Dedicated trading specialists
Access a team of U.S.-based trading professionals who share your passion for trading.
- What is a brokerage account?
- Can I trade options in my account?
- What is the minimum deposit to open a Brokerage account?
- What do I need to open a Schwab International account?
- How do I open a brokerage account?
- How do I fund my account?
Start investing in the U.S. today.
Have more questions? We’re here to help.
Charles Schwab, UK., Limited
33 Ludgate Hill
London EC4M 7JN
Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (UK Time)