Forms and Applications
Ready to invest in the U.S. market? Below you will find convenient links to important disclosures and forms to help you manage your account opening process.
OPEN AN ACCOUNT
You are opening an account with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., a U.S. broker-dealer that offers investment services and products. Charles Schwab, U.K., Limited is designated as a foreign branch office of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Transfers & Payments
- Instructions to Wire Funds into Your Schwab Account
Wire funds from other institutions into your Schwab account
- Instructions to Wire funds outside of the U.S.
Wire funds from your Schwab account to a bank account outside of the U.S.
- Transfer Your Account to Schwab
Transfer securities and/or funds from another financial institution into your Schwab account
- Wire Funds
Set up a wire transfer to an account at a financial institution located in the United States
- Wire Funds: International with Letter of Authorization Form
Set up an international wire transfer to an account at a financial institution outside of the United States
Update Account Features
- Add Options, Margin, and Short Capabilities
Add options trading and/or margin features to your Schwab account
- Household Exception Form
Link eligible accounts together in your household in order to qualify for possible fee waivers and other benefits or features
- Schwab International Client Information Update Form
Use this form to update your address, phone number, email address and other client information on your account(s)
- Update your Schwab One International Account
Use this form to convert your Schwab account or Schwab One account to a Schwab One International Account and order checks for the account
- Update your Schwab One International Corporate Account
Use this form to add or remove Internal Control Person or Beneficial Owners to or from your Schwab Corporate account
Tax & Legal Issues
- Add a Trusted Contact Person
Use this form to add up to two Trusted Contacts for your Schwab accounts.
- Power of Attorney (POA)
Name an Agent to act on your behalf in connection with your Schwab account.
- Letter of Explanation
Complete this form if you claim foreign (outside the U.S.) status and use a U.S. address or phone number, use an address outside the country of your permanent residence, and/or were born in the U.S.
- W8 Resource Center
Helpful instructional video & resources for completing the Substitute W-8BEN Form and associated forms
- Substitute Form W-8BEN for Individual
- Substitute W-8BEN-E for Entities
- Substitute W-8IMY
- Account Agreement
- Investor Services Pricing Guide
- Cash Features Disclosure
- How We Compensate our Investment Professionals
- U.S. Tax and Estate Disclosure to Non-U.S. Persons
- Fees and Commissions
- Privacy & Security
- Security Guarantee
- Schwab Worldwide Funds - Prospectus
- Schwab Worldwide Funds – Product Key Facts
- Schwab Worldwide Funds – Key Investor Information
- Schwab Worldwide Funds – Annual Report
- Schwab Worldwide Funds – Semiannual Report