Schwab Brokerage Account
Open a Schwab International Account and start investing in U.S. markets on your terms.
US$0Online listed equity trade commissions¹
US$0No service fees³
Online tools and research
1. Standard online US$0 commission does not apply to over-the-counter (OTC) equities, futures, fixed-income investments, or trades placed directly on a foreign exchange or in the Canadian market. Options trades will be subject to the standard US$0.65 per-contract fee. Service charges apply for trades placed through a broker (US$25). Exchange process, ADR, and Stock Borrow fees still apply. Schwab One International® accounts require a minimum deposit to open. Please contact Schwab for details. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors for full fee and commission schedules.
2. **Schwab Satisfaction Guarantee: If you are not completely satisfied for any reason, at your request Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”), Charles Schwab Bank, SSB (“Schwab Bank”), or another Schwab affiliate, as applicable, will refund any eligible fee related to your concern. Refund requests must be received within 90 days of the date the fee was charged. Two kinds of “Fees” are eligible for this guarantee: (1) “Program Fees” for the Schwab Wealth Advisory (“SWA”), Schwab Managed Portfolios™ (“SMP”), Schwab Intelligent Portfolios Premium™ (“SIP Premium”), and Managed Account Connection® (“Connection”) investment advisory services sponsored by Schwab (together, the “Participating Services”); and (2) commissions and fees listed in the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors or the Charles Schwab Bank Pricing Guide.
For more information about Program Fees, please see the disclosure brochure for the Participating Service, made available at enrollment or any time at your request. The Connection service includes only accounts managed by Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc., an affiliate of Schwab. The guarantee does not cover Program Fees for accounts managed by investment advisors who are not affiliated with Schwab or managed by Schwab‐affiliated advisors outside of the SWA, SMP, SIP Premium, and Connection services.
The guarantee is only available to current clients. Refunds will only be applied to the account charged and will be credited within approximately four weeks of a valid request. No other charges or expenses, and no market losses will be refunded. Other restrictions may apply. Schwab reserves the right to change or terminate the guarantee at any time.
3. There are no fees to open or maintain your account. Other account fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors ("the Guide") and any amendments to the Guide for comprehensive details on fees.
Easily manage and access your money with a Schwab brokerage account.
Convenient cash access and management
Access and manage cash in your brokerage account with check writing up to your available account balance, and a Visa® debit card.
No ATM fees anywhere⁴
Use your Schwab Visa® debit card at any ATM in the world, and we will refund the fees.
Use international wire transfer or Schwab's Foreign Currency Wire Transfer Service, with competitive exchange rates, no transaction fees, and deposits in a variety of currencies.
Disclaimer: A US$25 service fee will be charged for outgoing wire transfers. Learn more.
Get your statements how and when you want
View your monthly account statement online or receive in the mail.
Leverage our investments, advice and workshops to grow your U.S. portfolio.
Broad investment choice
Take advantage of a diverse selection of U.S. dollar-denominated stocks, options, and bonds. At some of the lowest pricing in the industry.
Explore our investment products.
Get one-on-one help creating a personalized investment plan to meet your U.S. investing goals.
See how to get dedicated financial advice.
U.S. investing education
Hone your U.S. investing skills or learn a new one with our workshops and webinars.
View our workshops and webinars.
Commissions and fees that reflect our commitment to keeping costs low.
Open a brokerage account with $0 minimum deposit and pay US$0 online listed equity commissions5, regardless of your account balance, or the size of your trade.
Specialized trading platforms and support, too.
When you open a brokerage account, you get access to our robust trading tools and resources for better U.S. investing.
Powerful trading platforms
Use our web, software, and mobile platforms designed for trading.
Tap into premium research from Schwab and third-party experts to help make more informed investment decisions.
Dedicated trading specialists
Access a team of U.S.-based trading professionals who share your passion for trading.
A brokerage account is an arrangement between you and a licensed brokerage firm. Once your account is set up, you can deposit funds and place investment orders through the brokerage, and the transactions will be carried out on your behalf. You have the freedom to invest in whatever eligible investment you choose—stocks, bonds, and more—all in a single account.
You must be approved in order to trade options in a Schwab brokerage account. During the online application process, you can choose to add options trading and apply for one of four levels of approval based on your objectives, experience, and financial position.
Options carry a high level of risk and are not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade options through Schwab. Please read the options disclosure document titled Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options. Supporting documentation for any claims or statistical information is available upon request.
No minimum deposit is needed to open a Schwab International account.
- Substitute Form W-8BEN
- Photocopy of a current passport
- Original or copy of a utility bill
The online account application process includes the following key steps:
- Choosing the type of brokerage account (individual or joint)
- Providing your personal, employment, and financial information
- Selecting specific account features
- Creating login credentials and providing contact information for your account
- Verifying your identity
- Indicating how you'll fund the account
There are multiple ways to fund your new Schwab account:
- Wire transfer request from another financial institution.
- Cheque deposit by mail.
- Transfer account from another brokerage firm.
Full funding instructions and access to online fund transfer tools will be provided after your account in fully established.
Start investing in the U.S. today.
Have more questions? We’re here to help.
Charles Schwab, UK., Limited
33 Ludgate Hill
London EC4M 7JN
Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (UK Time)